I finally finished reading the Bible all the way through yesterday. Front to back. It has taken me a long time because there have been many stops and detours along the way, but I finally did it! The REV90 challenge at my church really helped me a lot. They gave us daily reading for the New Testament which started Jan. 1st. It really kept me on track and it worked out to be perfect timing because I finished the Old Testament in December (nevermind that I had started the Old Testament 4 years prior) Both my husband and I did the challenge together and it was great because we could discuss the verses we read for the day.
I think we are now going to read the Old Testament and we’ll use a reading guide from YouVersion.com. Maybe then we’ll just keep reading it over and over. That’s really what I want to do because I know each time I do I’ll get something new out of it. If you haven’t read the Bible from front to back I would encourage you to do so. It’s the most important book you’ll ever read!
The REV90 Challenge is going really well so far! My husband and I are both up to date on the daily Bible reading through the New Testament. We just started John this morning. I joined a Bible study on Thursday mornings to discuss what we are reading dailyand it is a great group of women.
We’ve also been working on what we eat and drink. I’m trying not to eat many empty carbs during the week, but I can splurge on the weekends. I started this last week and it worked out pretty good, I’m going to keep going as long as I can. I am also thinking about joining a running group to train for a 5K which will be March 27th. I have not committed to that yet, but I’m seriously thinking about it. I went to an informational meeting last week.
We have gotten our finances very organized and we have a plan for paying off debt and saving this year. We’ve really cut down on ALL of our expenses and we are also planning to continue to tithe 10% even though we have debt.
We’ve invited a few people to church (we are to invite at least 2 people each month), but will continue to invite more. I began serving in our church bookstore yesterday and really enjoyed it. I’ve also been serving more at Rainey’s school.
I think we are on the right track and if nothing else, this challenge is going to make us more aware of our good and bad habits!
If you’ve been reading my blog recently you’ve seen the New Years Revolution challenge that my church is doing for the first 90 days of 2010. There is a spiritual challenge, a physical challenge and a financial challenge. They are calling it REV90 (Revolution in 90 days). I’m excited and ready to get started. They will be sending us emails each day with our daily goals. If you would like me to forward you these emails please email me at email@example.com. I will forward the email to you each day and you can “join the revolution”!
Here is a quick re-cap of the goals:
Spiritual Challenge –
- Pray daily and journal.
- Read the Bible daily.
- Attend your worship service 10 out of the 13 weeks.
- Share the good news and invite someone to church at least twice a month.
- Each week serve within your church and outside the church.
Physical Challenge – PURE
- Purify your life and keep your body pure for your husband or wife.
- Use High Octane Fuel. Eat healthy, drink lots of water and limit alcohol.
- Rest. Get good sleep each night, honor Sunday as your Sabbath day and take a vacation (Sabbatical) each year.
- Exercise. Get moving. Have a goal of moving each and every day, even if it is just for 10 minutes.
Financial Challenge –
- Plan for peace. Plan out your goals for the year.
- Tithe to test. Test God by tithing 10% off the top for 90 days straight (and beyond hopefully)
- Pay to Play. Do not use any credit for the first 90 days of 2010. Only buy what you can afford.