If you’ve been reading my blog recently you’ve seen the New Years Revolution challenge that my church is doing for the first 90 days of 2010. There is a spiritual challenge, a physical challenge and a financial challenge. They are calling it REV90 (Revolution in 90 days). I’m excited and ready to get started. They will be sending us emails each day with our daily goals. If you would like me to forward you these emails please email me at email@example.com. I will forward the email to you each day and you can “join the revolution”!
Here is a quick re-cap of the goals:
Spiritual Challenge –
- Pray daily and journal.
- Read the Bible daily.
- Attend your worship service 10 out of the 13 weeks.
- Share the good news and invite someone to church at least twice a month.
- Each week serve within your church and outside the church.
Physical Challenge – PURE
- Purify your life and keep your body pure for your husband or wife.
- Use High Octane Fuel. Eat healthy, drink lots of water and limit alcohol.
- Rest. Get good sleep each night, honor Sunday as your Sabbath day and take a vacation (Sabbatical) each year.
- Exercise. Get moving. Have a goal of moving each and every day, even if it is just for 10 minutes.
Financial Challenge –
- Plan for peace. Plan out your goals for the year.
- Tithe to test. Test God by tithing 10% off the top for 90 days straight (and beyond hopefully)
- Pay to Play. Do not use any credit for the first 90 days of 2010. Only buy what you can afford.
Yes, you read that right. Revolution. Not Resolution.
Yesterday at church our pastor (Mac) began a new series called “New Year’s Revolution”. I know it’s a little early to be talking about the new year, but not really. He assured us he would in fact be having a Christmas service by Christmas, but for now we are focused on our goals for the new year. I am really excited about this challenge because it is right in step with where Brian and I are right now.
Mac challenged us to NOT make resolutions this year, but to join the revolution! We are in.
The challenge includes three main areas: Spiritual, Physical and Financial. This first message dealt with Spirituality. He challenged us to do the following in our spiritual lives from January 1st to March 31st:
- Pray – Daily prayer followed by journaling what you pray for and what you hear from God.
- Scripture – Read the Bible daily. (He is also challenging us to read the entire New Testament front to back from January to June. So we will be challenged to read half of it in this 90-day period.
- Worship – Attend the worship service 10 out of the 13 weeks. We will have no problem with this, unless we are out-of-town, which is rare, we are there ever single week. We miss it when we cannot go.
- Evangelism – Share the good news with others and invite someone to church at least twice a month. This one is going to somewhat difficult, but a great challenge.
- Service – Every week serve inside the church and outside the church. I will need to step up my serving. I was serving every other week, but that needs to increase and I need to be doing something outside of the church as well.
I love challenges like this. I really do. Challenges like this are ONLY to make us better. These in particular will only improve and strengthen our relationship with God.
Next week Mac is going to talk about the physical portion of the challenge. Brian and I feel as if we have a good start on this one because we did the Master Cleanse last week, and since we finished we have been eating really well and making smart and healthy choices. We will continue doing so and look forward to the challenge.
I can’t wait to get started!