I can’t believe it is the last day of 2009. This year has gone by so fast. I say that every year. They keep getting faster and faster and I know that is because I am either getting older or having more fun. One of the two, or both.
I want to take time today to give you two lists. I want to highlight the top 10 blessings I am thankful for in 2009 and I want to give you my top 10 goals for 2010. I think that is a good way to end a good year and begin an even better one.
Top 10 Blessings of 2009:
- My personal relationship with God.
- My marriage and how much we have grown together this year.
- Good health.
- The great lessons from God on money, relationships and choices.
- Bible studies and the friends we have made this year.
- Our kids and how they have grown inside and out.
- The time I’ve been able to spend with the kids this year, during the summer and after school.
- Great neighbors.
- The schools our kids attend.
- Our church and Mobile Loaves and Fishes (I cheated and put two for #10, but this is my list so it’s ok).
My Top 10 Goals for 2010:
- Get closer to God through daily prayer and Bible reading.
- Continue to grow in my marriage with open communication and time together.
- Exercise as much as possible. (not just when I feel like it)
- Eat well and drink a lot more water.
- Work with God on the issues I need to work on. (He and I know what they are)
- Read and write more.
- Spend lots of quality time with the kids individually and as a family.
- Spend less and save more.
- Serve others as much as possible.
- Be a good example.
Happy New Year!!