In honor of Thanksgiving this week, I want to focus on being thankful all the time. I’ve written before about a Gratitude Journal because I think it is important to be thankful on a daily basis. We should rise in the morning with thankful hearts and go to sleep at night thanking God for the blessings of that day. I, however, do not do this on a regular basis I’m sad to say.
I am going to work on making this a habit, with God’s help. Like everything else I need God’s help with my bad habits and with creating good habits. I’m so thankful He is there for me! I do thank Him every morning for just being there for me. It is so comforting to know He is ALWAYS there.
Here is a list of what else I’m thankful for today:
- My time with God every single day.
- My husband and our relationship with God and each other.
- My health.
- My kids, their health, their happiness, and their own relationships with God.
- The counseling opportunity that has come my way.
- My husband’s recent job interview and other opportunities.
- The lessons God has provided for me this year (as difficult as they sometimes are), because I know He is using them to shape me into who He intended me to be.
- My family and friends.
- Our pets (minus their shedding hair).
- The city we live in.
What are you thankful for?